About Sue Young
My name is Sue Young and I am a homeopath, a writer and a human being.
Stop Press January 2011: Due to writing and publishing commitments, I will be taking a sabbatical from my homeopathic practice until further notice to meet publication dates for several projects (more information will be posted shortly on these exciting developments). Until further notice, I will continue to see existing clients and clients referred to me by existing clients only – I am sorry about this but I am just one overworked human!
I was just starting my post graduate studies in the development of language at the Institute of Education, intending to do a PhD in the development of language, when I switched horses and changed my career.
I was half way through training as a speech therapist when I took my first homeopathic remedy.
For the first time in my life, my asthma was gone!
Within four months, I had begun my training in homeopathy and I have never looked back.
Subsequently, I have also spent some time studying history and archaeology at Birkbeck College, University of London, but as I do not need three degrees, I did not finish this one! However, it has fueled a deep interest in the past which becomes more important for me with each passing year.
- September 1987 – July 1995: The Sunrise Children’s Clinic Cazenove Road London N16 student practitioner and then homeopathic practitioner
- September 1992 – March 1995: The Homoeopathy Centre Hackney Road London E2 student practitioner
- May 1994 – August 2003: Alternative Therapies Clinic Stoke Newington Church Street London N16 homoeopathic practioner
- January 2004 – April 2004: Shine Holistic Stoke Newington Church Street London N16 homeopathic practitioner
- May 1995 – February 1996: St Mungo’s Homeless Women’s Hostel homeopathic practitioner
- January 1991 to present: private homeopathic practice.
- January 2011 until further notice: on writing sabbatical.